Friday, January 30, 2009

A New Projector Mount



I've built my own projector mount as the "Universal" mount that I had been using was universally wobbly! The basic design of the mount was created by a member of the AVS Forums, I modified it to work with the theme of the theater. The cables feed in through the side pipes which are made out of ABS plastic plumbing pipe and fiberboard, then textured with sawdust to look like cast iron.

Next I'll need to make a themed enclosure for the projector...

3 comments:

Art Donovan said...

Outstanding work, good sir!

paisley penguin said...

I just found a link to your blog via Brass Goggles. OMG! Your home theater is amazing! I am so inspired!

paisley penguin said...

PS - would you mind telling me the color you painted the ceiling? This is a color I have been looking for.