Friday, September 12, 2008

Projector Installed


The projectors up!!! (Sorry, I get so excited these days, it's been a long project!) It's a Panasonic PT-AX200U purchased from Costco.com. It's a 720p projector. Overall I'm pretty happy with the Panny's picture quality (especially for the price!). Standard def dvds look a little ragged projected on a 10 foot screen, but the HD satillite feed looks spectacular. I'll get into Blu-Ray at some point but for now it's great. Plus the color and contrast are very film like, which was an important thing for me. Too many projectors have what could best be descibed as a 'video look', great for watching Monday Night Football but not so good for movies.

I'll build a themed enclosure for the projector once I'm finished with a few other things.

No comments: